Multimedia • Reference • Religion • Travel
Archaeological Study Bible : An Illustrated Walk Through Biblical History and Culture
Editied by Dr. Duane Garrett Jr. and Dr. Walter C. Kaiser
From The Publisher:
An Illustrated Walk Through Biblical History and Culture
The NIV Archaeological Study Biblesheds new light on the Bible. From the beginnings of Genesis to the end of Revelation, this new study Bible is filled with informative articles and full-color photographs of places and objects that will open your eyes to the historical context of the stories you read and the people you meet in Scripture. From kings and empires to weapons of war to clay pots used for carrying water, the archaeological record surrounding God’s Word will help contextualize and inform your personal study.
• 4-color interior throughout
• Bottom of page study notes highlight and add further explanation to passages that speak on
archaeological or cultural facts included in the Scripture
• Articles (520) covering one of the following five categories:
• Archaeological Sites (Hazor, Ugarit, Arad, Ephesus)
• Cultural and Historical Notes (ancient seals and scarabs, perfume and anointing, the missionary journeys of Paul)
• Ancient Peoples and Lands (the Persian empire, the history of Egypt)
• The Reliability of the Bible (the question of the Psalm superscripts, the reliability of Judges, the ending of Mark)
• Ancient Texts and Artifacts (the Mesha Stone, the Prayer of Confession)
• Approximately 500 4-color photographs interspersed throughout
• Detailed book introductions that provide basic, at-a-glance information
• Detailed charts on pertinent topics
• In-text color maps that assist the reader in placing the action
• CD-Rom containing NIV text and all photographs, maps, and charts included in the Bible
About the Editors
Walter C. Kaiser, Jr., (Ph.D., Brandeis University) is president of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and professor of the Old Testament. He has written numerous books, including Toward Old Testament Ethics and Toward Rediscovering the Old Testament.
Table of Contents
Write your own online review.
Look for Similar Books by Subject
Copyright ©1996-2011 CenturyOne Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.
All prices subject to change and given in U.S. dollars.
Your purchase from CenturyOne.com will assist the CenturyOne Foundation in providing funding for various archaeological and research projects which seek to provide more information about the period of the First Century C.E., the origins of Christianity and the world of the Bible in general.
All materials contained in http://www.centuryone.com are protected by copyright and trademark laws and may not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than private, non-commercial viewing purposes. Derivative works and other unauthorized copying or use of stills, video footage, text or graphics is expressly prohibited.